Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mid-Summer Classic...

As Reid and I were exchanging emails about how cool the All-Star game is it got me thinking about what my favorite sporting events are and events I make sure I watch. Here's my top 10:

List amended Monday to deal with inconsistencies in rules. No longer just events I make sure I watch, but events I want to attend/watch.

1. Sunday at the Masters
2. Brewers Opening Day
3. Marquette/Wisconsin Basketball
4. Opening Weekened of NCAA Tourney
5. Final Four Weekend (Semi-finals and championship game)
6. Super Bowl
7. World Series (and ALCS/NLCS)
8. MLB All Star Weekend (Derby and All Star Game)
9. Sunday at the US Open
10. Daytona 500

Honorable Every 2 Years Mention: Olympics - I agree with Reid...I can't get enough Olympics when they are on.

10 comments:

Rubie Q said...

No Opening Day for baseball?

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

i'll add it to honorable mention or maybe it could replace #10. I guess I was coming from direction of events on TV I don't want to miss.

Rubie Q said...

Then Marquette/Wisconsin basketball doesn't belong on the list either.

Master Reid said...

What about the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. I think that's #1 for me.

Rubie Q said...

I'm with Reid. The Final Four games usually aren't as good as the first weekend.

Master Reid said...

You can tell TG has a little different taste in sporting events than the average dude by this list. The Wimbeldon final? Really dude?

Rubie Q said...

And I assume he's referencing the last ten laps of the Daytona 500. Who can watch that shit from beginning to end?

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I also agree that opening weekend of the NCAA tourney is number one. Those 4 days are nothing short of heaven.

Master Reid said...

I do love the All-Star game as well. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's pretty high on the list for me. I'm sure it stems from my loving baseball above all sports. Being held in the middle of the week, when there's nothing else going on also probably helps too.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

well half of the MU/Wisconsin games are on TV.

fuck it...the list can be whatever the hell you want the list to be. i agree that NCAA first weekend should be on there to in some capacity, but I also love the Final Four weekend too.