Friday, July 24, 2009

Uh Oh...

It appears as though the Cardinals are gassing up the Enola Gay and getting ready to drop the big one on the NL Central. Baseball insider, and know-it-all wiener, Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Cards are close to consummating a deal to acquire Matt Holliday from Oakland. This has been rumored for a while now, but it seems that they've actually narrowed it down to a few specific prospects. Usually when it gets to that point, something is going down. That's bad news for any team that has even the most remote hopes of winning the division this year. Can you imagine the horror of having to watch the Brewers' pitching staff have to navigate Pujols-Holliday-Ludwick 4 times a game. Agh!! Shield your eyes kiddies.

6 comments:

EMoney said...

Might be a blessing in disguise. If winning the division is all that much tougher, one would think that the odds of Melvin trading some of our top prospects for Halladay or Lee will be decreased substantially. I for one want to keep the likes of Gamel and Escobar at this time. Further, with so many tight races across MLB, the asking price for quality starters is even more ridiculously high.

Fitz Fitzgerald: "We may be out of the race for the team cup, but at least Johnny still has a chance"

Ed: "Maybe partying isn't the answer!"

Dave, (holding beach ball and raising index finger in the air...pause): "Naaahhhhh"

Devil's Threesome said...

I'm afraid of the Matt Holliday that plays 81 games at Coors. I'm not so much afraid of the the Matt Holliday that's batting .286 with 11 homers this year.

Devil's Threesome said...

I love the Enola Gay line. Somebody's gotta photoshop LaRussa with his creepy sunglasses and an aviation helmet.

Rubie Q said...

I was just about to write a post about this. I was also about to use the same title. This move scares the hell out of me.

EMoney said...

Being in front of Gilbert Brown at an all you can eat buffet scares me! Erectile Dysfunction scares me!! Barack Hussein Obama scares me!!! Matt Holliday going to the Cardinals, however, DOES NOT scare me.

Why doesn't this bother me you ask? I give you four names.....Suppan, Parra, Looper, McClung. When these are your 2-5 starters, it's nearly impossible to stay competitive regardless of this ONE addition. What can you do? That is all.

Devil's Threesome said...

Um, what E said. The Brewers playoff hopes were dead before this.

Principal Ed Rooney said: "Between grief and nothing, I'll take grief."

D3 says: "Between the Cards and Cubs, I'll take the Cards."