Friday, August 21, 2009

First Annual Quevedo at the Buffet Blog-Off

Now that it looks like the Buffet will survive and continue to provide us with (barely) enough entertainment to get us though the day, it's time to address some of the criticisms and concerns from the blog users -- namely, the lack of participation from various "contributors."

Therefore, I am starting the first annual "Quevedo at the Buffet Blog-Off" (which has been approved by the all-powerful founder -- and head-linkee -- Rubie Q) in an attempt to get rid of some of the dead weight around here.

The rules are simple:

1. At random times, I'm going to announce a Blog-Off match-up, which will involve two of our "contributors." The first blog-off contestant to respond/comment to the blog-off post survives and will be granted to right to continue blogging with us.

2. The loser -- that is, the dipshit who doesn't respond or comment on the blog-off post -- is banished to The Land of Wind and Ghosts Supreme Elimination Pool of Death.

3. Those banished to The Land of Wind and Ghosts Supreme Elimination Pool of Death will participate in a head-to-head post-off on a topic decided upon by Buffet Management (better known as "B.M."). We'll pick a winner from the post-off, and that guy gets to keep blogging.

4. The loser of the head-to-head blog-off is blocked by Rubie Q from posting on the blog unless and until he submits a formal reinstatement application. Applications for reinstatement must be submitted through a current member of the blog. One application per week, please, and applications must include an apology and valid reason for reinstatement in 9 words or less.

Got it? Good. 'Cuz here's the first match-up:

Kenosha Mustache (nominated because even though Kenosha is almost in Illinois, it's still close enough to be an active member of the blog; also, KM was expected to provide the blog with insight regarding Las Vegas and musical instruments)

vs.

Moongoose McQueen (nominated because instead of sharing his general knowledge of sports with us he's most likely locked away scheming and cramming for the upcoming fantasy football draft; also, MMcQ was expected to provide the blog with insight into Rock Band and professional wrestling)

Remember: first to comment on this post is safe. Loser gets taken out by Mr. Sparkle.

Good luck!

14 comments:

FPMKE said...

I'm not clear on the rules here... are all of the "contributors" going to be in this battle royale or just those who have lacked in contribution?

This is no place for loafers. Jon me or die. Can you do any less?

Rubie Q said...

For now: just the contributors we haven't heard from in months.

If it gets exciting, we might toss everybody in the pool.

FPMKE said...

Oh good! I thought my incessant checking of the blog might cause another bank failure. Whew... in the clear for now.

Rubie Q said...

We're also toying with the idea of making this an Iron Chef-type thing, where somebody like Baffoon could challenge someone for their contributor spot. We're still working out the kinks on that one -- especially since Baffoon is the only one who comments here with semi-regularity.

Over/under on the number of days before Moongoose and/or Mustache respond: 2.5.

FPMKE said...

I'd put my money on Moongoose responding first... and take the over.

Master Reid said...

I don't know that Keno has checked this site since the first time we told him about it and he signed up. He's a Mine That Bird type of long shot in this one.

Charlie Weis's Gunt said...

Just so the buffet is aware, I have yet to receive my work computer and won't get it until Thursday...thus if I am up for elimination, I will likely lose.

eat my cock, fuck kirby and the twins, i'm out

Rubie Q said...

Don't worry, buddy. You've given us some good YouTubes in the last couple months ... unlike Kirby, who gave us a post about a week-old story on a drunk German badger.

Ice Fishing with Kirby said...

You want me out, I'm out then.

Moongoose McQueen said...

I feel like I should get a prize too. Is there a prize?

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

You get to store a drumset in your basement. That's your prize.

Moongoose McQueen said...

Good enough for me - I'll take it.

Lessons included, correct?

Alana said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Margaret

http://guitarlearntoplay.net

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

There are free lessons, moongoose. As long as Little Ceasers keeps serving pizza.