Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hangin' Up The Spurs.

I don't really know how to start this post. I'm kind of emotional right now. Please bear with me.

We started this blog about 15 months ago with the noblest of intentions: to avoid having to send out 26 emails a day from our work accounts. We came, we cursed (some of us more than others), and some of us went to Canada.

Somewhere along the line, people besides the now-twelve chucklenuts who write for this site happened upon the Buffet, and, for some inexplicable reason, a few of those people saw fit to link to our masturbatory fits of swearing. It didn't make a lot of sense -- nobody who writes for the Buffet is going to be confused with legitimate sportswriters like MikeHunt or Todd Welter (least of all Moongoose, who's the fucking Haley's Comet of posters -- a brief explosion of light, followed by years and years of nothing) -- but, hey, if we get a link every couple days, it's cool.

But today, we went supernova (and I'll be goddamned if that isn't the second space-related reference in two sentences): not one, but TWO fucking links on the SportsBubbler's Daily Drink. This being the Buffet, there's really only one word that summarizes that feat: MOTHERFUCKER!

Now, having reached the pinnacle of Wisconsin sportsblogging, there's really no point to continue. It'd simply be too much work to get back to that point, and we've all neglected our families (especially SBTG, who didn't even realize that his wife was pregnant until Baby SBTG showed up a couple weeks ago) during the time that we've spent working on the site.

So: it's been fun. Thanks to those of you who stopped by. We'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

10 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

Hell, let's all leave work and get some cocktails. The first round of Jameson shots are on me!

Master Reid said...

*Shudder*

FPMKE said...

Apparently sitting idle and "LOL-ing" everything Rubie said for the last month worked... I'm linked bitches!

This leaves me no choice but to pull a Costanza... that's it, I'm out!

EMoney said...

Totally unrelated to the topic, but I'm looking for some "expert" opinions. Work fantasy football keeper league.....my choices are Steven Jackson, Steve Slaton, Brian Westbrook. Thoughts?

Devil's Threesome said...

Brian Westbrook is the new Fred Taylor. Unless you want to be hanging on every Sal Paolantonio Westbrook injury update, I would pick one of the other two.

Rubie Q said...

I'd vote for Slaton.

Master Reid said...

I'm having trouble letting go of the notion of Steven Jackson as a fantasy stud. I know the Rams are terrible, but what are the Texans? Westbrook's fantasy value peaked 2 years ago. Is it a PPR league?

EMoney said...

Not a PPR league. IMO, none are first round worthy, but I have to work with the hand that was dealt. I had S.Jackson on both my teams last year. I hated every minute of it and as I predicted he was completely over-rated by the likes of Matthew Berry and Co. The Rams were and still are atrocious. The texans actually put up pretty good offensive num's last year once Slaton won the starting job. Right now I'm leaning Slaton, but it's hard to look at my squad and see Steve Slaton as my number one guy. On the other hand, Steven Jackson looks and sounds sexy, but I think it's a mirage.

Rubie Q said...

Plus: Jackson's missed four games in each of the last two years. And Slaton is slightly more of a weapon catching passes. I'd go Slaton, with very little hesitation.

Nicole said...

Slaton was my miracle last season. Picked him up in the first few weeks, dropped Steven Jackson's injured ass and rode Slaton the whole way through. I'll agree that seeing Slaton slotted as your #1 RB is scary, but the fear goes away when he puts up consistent numbers. The no PPR does take down his value, but of the options, I'd go with Slaton. The Texans just don't have that many other options.