A couple of random things have made me laugh the past couple of days:
1. Rubie's Grade A text from last night regarding Pitino and the Crew's imploding season
2. Orson Swindle calling Bill Simmons a pussy on the EDSBS live show last night. That whole thing was high comedy. Nothing like a bunch of drunk Cajuns calling into the internet to rant and rave.
3. Top 10 Big (11) Football Games of 2008 - soooo, the BTN has to fill up a lot of dead air in the summer so they produced a 1/2 hour show on the Top 10 games from 2008 in the Big 11. #9 was none other than Wisconsin-Caly Poly. Nothing like needing two missed PATs to get into overtime versus a D-1AA opponent and then another missed PAT to win in OT.
4. Watching old SEC games on CSTV today. They broke away from the 2004 Tennessee-Notre Dame for an update from Tim Brando on the Arkansas-South Carolina game. Quote from Brando: "For some reason, Matt Jones threw into triple coverage, leading to an interception that ended the Hogs' comeback bid." Um, Tim, hindsight provides a very good reason: cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.
5. Uncle Rico at Walter's on Tuesday. This dude was rocking feathered hair, sideburns, a fu manchu, a highligher yellow tank top and cut-off jean shorts. He also played Boston and Van Halen on the jukebox.