Monday, September 28, 2009

I Seek The Holy Grail; I Have Seen It, Here In This Castle!

After an archaeological dig through my walk-in closet (which is in need of some serious help), that included the discovery of a long-forgotten Real Madrid jersey as well as the rediscovery of my Barney Stinson flight suit (HELLO Halloween costume!), I have found it... the Holy Grail of Ruben Quevedo memorabilia... a 2002 Miller Park All Star Game Limited Edition popcorn tin. It even has a delivery sticker reflecting the event date of 5/25/02... this is evidence of Master Reid's story and proof that the man named Ruben Quevedo did indeed exist... you cannot dispute this.





























I will now celebrate Quevedo Day by enjoying a delicious Staghorn Octoberfest Beer while eating salty microwave popcorn from the tin. Sacrilegious? Maybe.

10 comments:

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I have the same popcorn tin! Oh the memories.

FPMKE said...

Does yours have the 5/25/02 sticker?

Rubie Q said...

Which Madrid jersey did you have? I know I had Roberto Carlos.

FPMKE said...

Raul.

Devil's Threesome said...

I have some Staghorn in the fridge, it's good stuff!

Rubie Q said...

I like the Lakefront Octoberfest better. Staghorn was a little bland.

Devil's Threesome said...

I haven't had the Lakefront. My favorite so far is the Bell's (duh). The Leine's seems a bit "off" this year.

FPMKE said...

I like both the Lakefront Octoberfest and the Staghorn. I have 6er of each and have been switching back and forth. I need to pick more up while I'm in MKE this weekend.

Leine's does taste a little different this year. I think it's because Leine's changed their label; WTF were they thinking?

Rubie Q said...

Clearly, the thought was: "Let's piss off FPMKE."

Devil's Threesome said...

It pissed off me too. I want full on Bavarian flag action on my Oktoberfest beer bottles. Relegating it to the far background and the cap is horrific. Never trust those hicks from Up North - they probably voted Republican.