Thursday, September 10, 2009

MU 2009-2010 Schedule...

DATE OPPONENT TELEVISION TIME
Sat. Nov. 7 MSOE Exhibition; 1 p.m.
Fri. Nov. 13 Centenary 7:30 p.m.
Tue. Nov. 17 Maryland-Eastern Shore 7 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 21 Grambling 7:30 p.m.
Tue. Nov. 24 South Dakota 7 p.m.
Old Spice Classic - Orlando, Fla.
Thur. Nov. 26 vs. Xavier ESPN2 1:30 p.m.
Fri. Nov. 27 vs. Michigan/Creighton ESPN/ESPNU 11 a.m./1:30 p.m.
Sun. Nov. 29 vs. TBA ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
Sat. Dec. 5 NC State 2 p.m.
Tue. Dec. 8 Milwaukee 7 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 12 at Wisconsin ESPN2 4 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 19 North Florida 1 p.m.
Sun. Dec. 27 Presbyterian 1 p.m.
Tue. Dec. 29 at West Virginia * TBA
Sat. Jan. 2 Villanova * ESPN2 2:30 p.m.
Wed. Jan. 6 Georgetown * TBA
Sat. Jan. 9 at Villanova * TBA
Sun. Jan. 17 Providence * TBA
Wed. Jan. 20 at DePaul * TBA
Sat. Jan. 23 at Syracuse * TBA
Tue. Jan. 26 Rutgers * TBA
Sat. Jan. 30 at UConn * TBA
Wed. Feb. 3 DePaul * ESPN2 6 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 6 at Providence * TBA
Sat. Feb. 13 USF * TBA
Thu. Feb. 18 Pittsburgh * ESPN/ESPN2 8 p.m.
Sun. Feb. 21 at Cincinnati; * TBA
Wed. Feb. 24 at St. John’s * TBA
Sun. Feb. 28 at Seton Hall * TBA
Tue. Mar. 2 Louisville * TBA
Sat. Mar. 6 Notre Dame * TBA
Mar. 9-13 BIG EAST Conference Championship - New York, N.Y. ESPN/ESPN2 TBA

HOME GAMES IN BOLD CAPS

* = BIG EAST Conference game

All times are Central and subject to change

13 comments:

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

initial thoughts:

-tough start for sure with @WVU (never play well), 2 with Nova in the span of a week, and G-town at home
-Next 4 we could go 3-1
-3 games on the road in a row with Cincy, St. Johns, and Seton Hall.
-Hopefully we've jelled as a team before the last 2 games Ville and ND at home. win over the Ville at home might solidfy our NCAA resume.

EMoney said...

So what kind of expectations do we have for this team? Is 0.500 a legitimate goal to shoot for, or is it shear optimism. Sure we have Lazar to lean on (like we did with Novak 4 years ago), but aside from that the experience with the rest of the team is a HUGE dropoff (Butler, Acker and Cubillan). Our experience or lack-there-of at the center position is the most concerning to me. What happens when Lazar picks up 3 fouls in the 1st half? We are going to need the young guns to grow up fast! I look towards the juco's Buycks and Johnson-Odom for the most support, and hope that 1-2 of the freshman can contribute substantially from the get-go (likely Cadougan and Maymon).

Early prediction (and therefore subject to change): 7-11 in Big East play

Master Reid said...

Ooh, I love it when you talk NCAA Resume.

I like that the Bucky game is at 4:00. Gives plenty of time for getting up there and getting "prepped" for the game. I am also having visions of a Sunday afternoon at the Shoemaker Center, battling a Skyline & Jameson induced belly ache, while watching MU smack around Jeff Garcia's Bearcats.

Master Reid said...

Aw, damn, I just realized I have to miss the Villanova game. Damn. Who gets married in January anyways?

Rubie Q said...

You're getting married again?

Master Reid said...

You wish.

No, not me. But I am in the wedding so I'm thinking they'll notice if I'm missing.

EMoney said...

I suspect that the Bearcats will be much improved this year....no pushover. I would be happy to come out of that game with an unexpected W. Skyline for everyone!

Devil's Threesome said...

all fuck it to hell. I go on my honeymoon and miss the G'town and Nova home games. Why the fuck couldn't we start with Rutgers & DePaul at home? Cocksuckers.

EMoney said...

Actually D3, the correct question is, why are you scheduling your honeymoon in the middle of the Big East regular season slate? That's a you problem.

PS. Can I have your tix?

Devil's Threesome said...

Because August is a blast furnace in Spain and Mrs D3 has school during the fall. Not much of a choice. I need to give Gunt first dibs on my tix since he is my seat-mate.

Charlie Weis' said...

E$/D3 - feel free to take the ticket...I have 2 already for both games, so E$ if you want D3's ticket it's yours...if not, let me know and I can unload them.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

I can't make the Grambling game. That ticket is availabe but I think Mrs. Reid might have first dibs. I also assume Reid will not be in attendance since that is opening weekend of killing deer with guns. That is why I will miss.

Hell yeah to Cincy! Skyline! Jameson! A quick trip to Louisville to see Pauly Shore!

Master Reid said...

You just won a fucking SNUGGIE!!!