Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick Hits, Come Home Rubie We Miss You Edition

Here's to hoping this is my last Quick Hits for awhile...

After a disappointing outing, Bush to be examined again (I know I've been there after a few beers and some shots of Jameson) and Casey McGehee is considered the dark horse candidate for NL Rookie of the Year. Manny Parra put in a solid game yesterday as did Casey McGehee; my favorite part of this story is that Macha called in Vargas to put a sleeper-hold on Pujols and force a bouncer to 3rd.

College Football season kicked off with a little melee at the Oregon/Boise State game.

Marquette has lost another recruit... but it was for the 2010-11 recruiting class so nothing to freak out about yet.

U.S. Open update... Blake and Roddick advance. Roddick was wearing a silly-looking shirt but by advancing we will have more opportunities to see his hot wife. Rafa plays today.

2 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Mrs Q just showed me an article that says that iPhone users are overwhelming AT&T's network by using their iPhones as mini-computers. Apparently, the problem is very bad in San Francisco -- which makes sense, since every third person seemed to have an iPhone last night.

Which is all a long way of saying: Happy Friday, mein bitches. I'm out.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

Losing Bowen is a pretty big deal I think. He has been moving up the rankings and getting a lot of attention. I think this one could hurt unless we pick someone else up that is comparable. Paging Blue. Paging Vander Blue. Your table is ready.