Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quick Hits, Thursday Edition



With the start of College Football only hours away, I'm beginning to wonder where the hell D3S been hiding out? And, I'm having the strange suspicion that "we should take it easy on Saturday" is how my special lady friend codes "you'll be at a Badger bar in Chicago watching the NIU game with me". (If you click the Badger link, please note the prediction that the Badgers will face Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl). Here is the Top 25 Week 1 Overview... D3, Florida Atlantic?



Goods news for Gunt, the White Sox celebrated their final game at the Metrodome with a comeback win... completely embarrassing the Twinkies.


The U.S. Open is underway. It looks like Nadal may have returned to his form after sitting out most of the tennis season with knee problems. And, Federer is, well, Federer. Roddick hopes to continue resurrecting his career today. While James Blake, also playing today, has been enjoying his time in New York by being a guest commentator on CNBC Power Lunch (no seriously, he studied economics at Harvard).

That's all I've got... peace out.

15 comments:

Rubie Q said...

Rubie can post from his fancy iPhone, but he chooses no to.

Pick up the pace around here, shitheads.

FPMKE said...

hey man, I'm doing my best. I have a lot of mental rehabbing to do after all of my "LOL" comments. I feel like Bushy... only putting in a few innings... none of them quality.

Master Reid said...

Is that the first ever tennis reference on this blog? Someone look into it. It's definitely the first reference to CNBC Power Lunch.

Devil's Threesome said...

Less than 5 hours to real, live-action college football. I'm panting with excitement. Tostitos, frozen pizza, fake cheese, High Life and Coca-Cola on the coffee table. I can't motherfucking wait!!

FPMKE said...

I had to create the "tennis" label... a quick search appears to reveal this is the 1st ever tennis post.

D3, I figured that pic was close... couldn't find an orange recliner though.

Deedub said...

Florida Atlantic > N. Illinois

Now that Nebraska is no longer run by UW castoffs (Cosgrove & Callahan)they can get back to being a good team.

Master Reid said...

I think we should get Gerbs in here to do a weekly sports betting column. He could give his picks of the week in college/pro football. If he gets good we could start charging people to read it. We'd have to start a Premium Section to the blog.

*Enter Credit Card Information Here to Become a QB INSIDER:*

Devil's Threesome said...

I don't know who this Deedub person is, but I like what he/she has to say!

FPMKE said...

D3, we all know that Deedub is your alter ego... quit making up fake personas to stoke your propaganda machine.

You are a Baffoon said...

Flabongo...Draft Party...Sunday Night...Make it happen...

Devil's Threesome said...

Baffoon - will you wear your state championship ring on Sunday? Pretty please?

Deedub said...

D3 - I'm this guy.

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blogs/the_daily_drink/default.aspx

Rubie Q said...

I guess I have to retract my 'pick up the pace' remark from earlier. Y'all are attracting some hitters now.

Maybe I should be voted off the blog ...

You are a Baffoon said...

I will be decked out in full championship gear my friend...It's going to be a pre-party to the actual real thing in January!!!

EMoney said...

RubQ - please turn in your keyboard.....you've been voted off the island