Thursday, October 22, 2009

Utah Jazz Waive Two


According to their website, the Utah Jazz released two players today to trim their roster to 14. Former Marquette guard Wesley Matthews was not among those released. Instead it was Ronald Dupree and Paul Harris (boy, one more year at the Cuse probably sounds pretty decent doesn't it Paul?) who were waived by the Jazz. So it appears (for the time being anyway) that Wes stands to make the Jazz opening day roster. A year ago, if anyone had said that Wes Matthews would be the only one of the 3 amigos to make an NBA roster they probably would've been laughed out of the room. Now it looks like it's going to happen. Now I know Wes wasn't a first rounder, nor was he coached by Bo Ryan, so he probably won't be the impact rookie that Alando Tucker was. But it's still cool to see one of the guys get a real shot at playing in the league this year. Well done Wes! You've given us a reason to pay attention to the NBA this year.


8 comments:

Rubie Q said...

I'm stealing Dan Walsh's line here, but that's OK, since he keeps accusing me of participating in animal rape over at the Daily Drink:

Fuck first-round pick. If Wes had been coached by Bo, he would've gone No. 1 overall.

Master Reid said...

HA! True true.

Yeah, I saw that your run down to Tennessee made the papers. I thought you were just going down to pick up some 'Shine and then coming back. I didn't realize there was a social element to this trip.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

that's terrific news...the worse part was they also waived Goran Sutton who they used a 2nd rounder for during the draft. would have been cool to be drafted and then make the team but either way he's collecting the $$.

ps-Bo would have made Reid a first rounder too. he's that good

Rubie Q said...

In fact -- as is so often the case -- it was the introduction of the 'Shine that turned this trip into a social outing.

And, apparently, some people are unfamiliar with the whole "presumed innocent" thing. I am ACCUSED of horsefucking. I admit nothing.

FPMKE said...

I always pictured you as more of a chicken-fucker.

Deedub said...

Rubie, stop stealing my fucking jokes, you cocktard.

EMoney said...

What's all this talk about shine? And why didn't I get any? I mean, who are you Bo Duke?

EMoney said...

Good for Wes! I can't really think of a better team to get a shot with than Utah. Maybe San Antonio. Question is, will he actually see the floor?