Sunday, November 15, 2009

So, About That Brandon Jennings Fella ...

We had a lot of things to say when the Bucks selected Brandon Jennings with the tenth pick of this year's NBA Draft. Most of it was negative; some of it was downright mean-spirited. (I don't wanna point fingers, but one of you wrote: "Brandon Jennings? Really? The kid who's so dumb that he went to play ball in Italy for a year?" You know who you are ...)

ANYWAY, as is so often the case (except when it comes to questioning the competence of Mike McCarthy), it appears we may have misjudged this one. BraJen was off to a nice-but-not-overly-impressive start, and FPMKE was nice enough to post some camera phone shots of Jennings in Chicago, but, until Saturday, Jennings hadn't done anything that made you look up and say: "Whoa."

Then the young man dropped a double nickel on the Warriors this past weekend, including putting up twenty-nine in the third quarter. Since there's really no other way to put this, I'll just say: HOLY LIVING FUCK. Where the hell did that come from?

At the risk of jinxing his budding stardom, I'm willing to say: I'm mildly intrigued by this guy. I might even be willing to pay American cash money to take in a game at some point in the next month. Anybody else?

4 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

I'm up for a Bucks game - they have that Guys Night Out special which is mildly intriguing. For $50 you can get a lower bowl seat, drink ticket, beer glass and a chance to meet the dance team after the game. I'll skip the dance team, but that's still a good deal.

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

and what makes it all the more impressive...he reached double nickels with 0 in the 1st quarter. dude's impressive. I'd be down for Guys Night Out and Friday March 12th I believe is Jazz at Bucks

EMoney said...

I will be happy to admit that I was wrong about Jennings. The truth of the matter is I would much rather see our (Bucks, Packers, etc.) draft picks succeed than me be correct about an opinion about that particular pick. In this case, if Jennings continues to play at this level (and not necessarily 55 pts/game), the Bucks will again be legitimate in Milwaukee.....something it hasn't been in years. That's a good thing! Hek, even the anti-NBA QB contributors are posting about the Bucks......something that was frowned upon merely weeks ago. So I'll take it. Go Bucks!

Rubie Q said...

I liked that you made clear that "at this level" doesn't mean 55 points per game. I'm not great at NBA history, but I believe that would be some sort of record.