Friday, December 18, 2009

Crazy Town. Population: Tim Maymon.

I'm lifting the self-imposed moratorium on Jeronne Maymon discussion; I believe we're ethically bound to discuss the comments Tim Maymon made to Madison reporters. (Much love to Walsh for the link.)

Curiously, TimMay didn't get on the crazy train when he was talking about Buzz and the Marquette staff. He actually went out of his way to compliment them, saying: "Everything they did was wonderful. They did a great job with Jeronne, getting him eligible, keeping him eligible, keeping him motivated. I commend Buzz and Tony."

But, like I always say, you can only hold crazy in for so long. Asked where J-May might be headed, Pa Maymon went off the rails:
"We're looking at some decent programs, like Central Florida, where Michael Jordan's son (Marcus) plays," Tim Maymon said. "That would be a great school that he could go in and they could pretty much get to the Final Four and do some damage."
Stifle, if you can, your laughter about Central Florida being a potential Final Four contender. Focus, instead, on the comment about Michael Jordan's son playing there, and you'll find the key to this whole mess: TimMay wants to rub elbows with the Basketball Elite. As I feared (but probably always knew, deep down), this is about him, not his kid.

This really, really bums me out.

10 comments:

EMoney said...

That comment from Tim Maymon is PRICELESS!

"Pretty much get to the Final Four and do some damage"

I'm still laughing my ass off at that. To paraphrase Lou Brown from Major League, I suspect Jeronne and Tim are going to be enjoying a nice big sh*tburger wherever they end up. Is TMZ going to follow this trainwreck. I think the Maymon family needs their own reality show.

Master Reid said...

Well said dude, total bummer. I don't exactly know what they are thinking here. Are they hoping that Jeronne can be a lottery pick in the 2011 draft? I'm sure that he'll have a way better chance at that at UCF than he would've here. I hope I'm wrong and he goes somewhere else and is the man and makes him and his family a ton of money playing hoops someday. But I just don't know that it's going to shake out like that. Enjoy Orlando (or where ever the hell UCF is).

Judging by the things in the Rosiak blog today, it appears that Buzz is saying all the right things (as you would expect). I don't see this having much of a negative impact on MU in the state or with other recruits.

I think the perfect cure for all this would be a 30 point beatdown of North Florida tomorrow, with an Erik Williams double-double sprinkled in for good measure. All in favor...

JM said...

Was the Final Four he was referring to the CIT, D-II or NAIA?

Rubie Q said...

Looks like we made a mistake leaving CUSA. We just can't compete with that level of competition.

EMoney said...

Two things...

1. Reid (and also those who don't appreciate Buzz's "personality"....D3 specifically) - I suggest watching the videos of Buzz and JimmyB from the media day yesterday. IMO, Buzz couldn't have handled this situation any better. It's a hard spot to be in (if it were me or Rub it would have been easy to blow up and speak our minds in front of everyone), and Buzz was able to take it in stride and had a good perspective on the whole situation.

2. E Williams - I agree with you Reid. Would the real Erik Williams please stand up...please stand up. It's your time my friend! I'm still 100% confident that he is going to bring some good things to this program in the very near future. He just needs to keep working.

Master Reid said...

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I said that I expected Buzz to say all the right things. I totally did, and I agree that he seems to have handled it very, very well. It would be easy for him to feel betrayed or let down by Maymon's departure, but he gave no indications of any of those type of feelings.

I don't really have any beef with Buzz. I have no doubt that he really is as he portrays himself to be. He just kind of makes me roll my eyes every once in a while, that's all.

shail2chouhan said...

Nice thoughts shared through this blog.Great work buddy & I think you must choose blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing.
They are offering very unique features with cheap prices

Rubie Q said...

I think that dude is a character from Mortal Kombat 3.

Shang Tsung wins.

Master Reid said...

Judging by his usage of the word "buddy", I'd say he's Canadian.

Rubie Q said...

Good call, guy.