Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happier Times.

SI is doing an end of the decade retrospective, and today they're tackling the highlights and lowlights in college basketball for the past ten years. The Best Single Game Performance category should make you smile, especially with what's transpired in the last couple days:
MOST OUTSTANDING SINGLE-GAME PERFORMANCE: Dwyane Wade's triple-double vs. Kentucky; March 29, 2003

Few casual basketball fans had heard the name Dwyane Wade (much less learned how to spell it) before the 2003 Midwest regional final in Minneapolis, but the 6-5 junior guard from Marquette made quite a name for himself that day. Wade had 29 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in the Golden Eagles' 83-69 upset of top-seeded Kentucky. The runner-up in this category goes to Syracuse freshman Carmelo Anthony for his 20-point, 10-rebound, seven-assist performance in the Orange's victory over Kansas in that season's NCAA championship game.
Good times.

3 comments:

Master Reid said...

Ah yes. The thought of that game still makes me feel all tingly inside.

Speaking of Wade, did anyone watch that Homecoming thing with him on ESPN last night. I didn't, partly because I forgot about it and partly because Rick Reilly annoys the shit out of me. But I was curious what kind of love (if any) Marquette got in the piece.

EMoney said...

I came across it about half-way through the show. And who was essentially holding his hand when I turned it on......you guessed it, Tom Crean. They were re-living his years at MU, some of it pretty entertaining actually. I only watched about 5 min's because I was in the middle of a Golden Girls marathon, but I DVR'd it so I can watch it while eating a nice piece of fish on a quiet saturday evening.

It's been so long I forgot how entertaining he was to watch.....but I will say that Dom is a close second in terms of the player that was the most fun to watch.

FPMKE said...

Love it.

Additional generic cop compliment.