Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mel Kiper's Draft Grades in Review

It's kind of a slow day here at the Buffet. So many people are off work, and they're less willing to waste their own time on this blog than they would be if it were the company's time. I am no exception. But unlike most other people, I am working today. So in a shining example of the tremendous effort that we here at the QB are known for, here is something I read somewhere else and then copied and pasted.

Mel Kiper reviewed his draft day grades today. The Packers got an A on draft day, and after 8 months of reflection this is what Mel thinks now:

Green Bay Packers (Spring grade: A)

I said I loved what this team did with the first two picks, and I'll stand by that. They moved to a 3-4, grabbed two players in B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews that fit Dom Capers' system and have made huge gains. Matthews is a Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Brad Jones is a steal in the seventh round. On the whole, four big-time contributors out of one draft on a playoff-caliber team is a lot. Current grade: A

5 comments:

You are a Baffoon said...

You DA Man Reid You DA Man...I love what Kiper's done with his hair lately...

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

Baffoon...you are going down this weekend!!!

Master Reid said...

I like your enthusiasm. However, I fear Baffoon may be a juggernaut that will not be stopped.

Devil's Threesome said...

Ted Thompson is obviously in cahoots with Kiper. Thompson sucks - fire him! After all, he brought in Mason Crosby

JD said...

This 2009 draft class is amazing. Raji, Matthews, Lang, Johnson and Jones all have contributed this season. Raji, Lang, Johnson and Jones all look like possible starters down the road and Matthews looks like a special player for years to come.