Friday, December 11, 2009

MikeHunt Is The Tobias Funke Of Sports Journalism.

From the man who gave you:
A lot of managers and coaches privately applauded Samurai Mike for doing something they'd willingly take repeated prostate exams to do, but know they can't because of the nature of the game.
... comes this curious way of describing the signing of new Brewer (and future Rubie Punching Bag) Randy Wolf:
Just as Doug Melvin met up with Mark Attanasio in Los Angeles three years ago to sign Suppan, they just finished tag-teaming Randy Wolf in LA-LA Land, ever so gently twisting his left arm to put $29.75 million in his pocket.
Keeping with the title of this post, I'm going to paraphrase Michael Bluth's advice to Dr. Funke: after you write one of these columns, MikeHunt, you might want to set it aside for a while, then come back a few hours later and read it again. I think you might be surprised by what you wrote.

4 comments:

KL Snow said...

There are only a handful of Brewer-related writers I refuse to read and/or link to in the Mug.

In fact, off the top of my head Mike Hunt is the only one I can think of.

Not reading Mike Hunt makes my world a better place.

Master Reid said...

Ah, Arrested Development references. I don't get 'em, but dammit I respect 'em.

klwillis45 said...

This post was so good, I just blue myself.

Sheets' Va Jay Jay said...

There's got to be a better way to say that.

After reading MikeHunt just minutes ago, I had to come straight here because it was so ridiculous that I knew Rubie couldn't lay off. Just like a Suppan fastball.

Tobias: Hot sailors, maybe. Or better yet, hot sea...
Michael: I like hot sailors.
Tobias: Me too.