I know I'm a little late on this, but I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for dramatically exceeding my expectations with Badger Appreciation Week after our friends in red vanquished the Gold last weekend. I will admit, I had my tongue firmly planted in-cheek when I called for the celebration, but you guys summoned the best attention span you could muster and kept it going for almost two full days.
First, you guys appreciated Bo Ryan. Thanks so much for sharing all of your
- A 201-75 record at Wisconsin.
- Four conference championships in eight seasons.
- 5-4 against Marquette, including three wins where the Gold entered the game ranked.
- Didn't give a scholarship to Jeronne Maymon.
Finally, Rubie posted a photo essay demonstrating the emotions of Bo Ryan. This didn't do much for me, but it did cause Buzz Williams to build some extra barricades around his glass* house**.
* - Buzz is seen here during a rousing sideline karaoke rendition of "Stop, in the Name of Love."
** - And here, he's teaching the finer points of fake mustache wearing.
Sadly, you guys wandered off at this point to discuss the newest former Gold, and never returned to the topic. With that said, I wanted to make sure I stopped by to say thank you for several minutes of league-average-or-so entertainment value.
Now that I'm done, feel free to resume your Maymon-based wild speculation and whining.