Friday, January 15, 2010

As much as we all love reading about VaJayJay's man love for the Hawk...

An exciting weekend of NFL games is fast approaching with some intriguing match-ups. Here are my picks and cliff notes analysis:

-New Orleans (-7 1/2) vs Arizona: Even though the Saints finished the season with 3 straight losses, I fully expect to see pre-Week 12 Saints that dismantled the Patriots to show up in the post-season. Plus, the Saints defense can't possibly play as bad as the Packers defense did. But old man Warner is one crafty bastard so I think they'll hang in there. I think the Saints will win, but 7 1/2 is a lot of points, so I'm going with the Saints to win but the Cards cover. Take the over too which at last look was a playoff record 57 1/2!

-Indy (-6 1/2) vs. Baltimore: Battle of new vs. old Colts. Similar to the Saints, the Colts didn't exactly play well over the last few games of the regular season, but in their defense they didn't have much to play for. Despite the fact that Indy doesn't have much of a running game, Peyton Manning directs one hell of an offense that will pick apart the Ravens defense. Joe Flacco is injured so the focus of the Indy defense should be to try and contain the rushing attack of the Ravens. I'll take Indy to win by at least a touchdown.

-Minnesota (-3) vs. Dallas: Talk about picking between the lesser of 2 evils. I think this game will be very entertaining and assuming neither of the QB's have a total meltdown, which very well might happen to one of them, I think AP is the difference and the Brett Favre train heads into the NFC Championship game.

-San Diego (-7 1/2) vs. NY Jets: Hottest team in the NFL full of veteran players with an 11 game winning streak versus a team lead by a cocky rookie QB that backed into the playoffs by beating 2 teams (Indy and Cincy) that practically laid down for them. I've got to go with the team that I think is going to win it all so I'll take the Chargers and lay the 7 1/2. Plus I'm really hoping Darrelle Revis gets torched so Rex Ryan will shut his big fat ass about being screwed in the Defensive Player of the Year award.

For Marquette, now that the scheduling gauntlet is behind us, we have a very important stretch of games coming up that will give us a good idea of what kind of year its going to be. There are a bunch of winnable games (vs. Providence, @ DePaul, vs. Rutgers, vs. DePaul, vs. South Florida) and 3 tough road games (@Cuse, @UConn, @ Providence). If we can take are of the 5 games we are supposed to win and pick up at least one win out of the 3 tough road games, our record will be 7-5 heading into the last 6 games of the year.

Oh and for the Lost fans out there...the countdown to the season premier is on. T-minus 18 days.

2 comments:

Rubie Q said...

I'm sorry, I know you said some things in this post, but I fast-forwarded to the end.

Our long national nightmare is over: Kate is back. And in the nick of time, too: that L'Oreal commercial ain't cuttin' it.

Deedub said...

I want to make sexy with that woman.