Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hail To The Victors!

(Wait....wrong fight song) Anyways, MU finally got the Big East monkey off their back by beating the #11 ranked Georgetown Hoyas in the friendly confines of the Bradley Center last night. Big thanks to senior David Cubillan for torching the nets last night in going 6-6 from beyond the arc, and Jimmy B for finally hitting some free throws in the clutch! Whew!

2 things of note here:

1. PT - Erik Williams was first off the bench and played 7 minutes in his first Big East performance; Yous Mbao saw 10 minutes and actually showed some confidence after corralling his 1st rebound.

2. Not only did MU come back from a slight deficit late in the 2nd half, they also were able to hold onto the lead in the final minute and earn a much needed victory

That being said, Rubie, does this now make Buzz Williams a great coach? Afterall, you seemed to pin the last 2 losses squarely on him for not coaching his team up in the final minutes of the game. Just curious.

4 comments:

Rubie Q said...

I've got too much to say for a comment, so I'll start my own post.

Master Reid said...

I look forward to that.

As for you E Money, I have nothing more to say to you. You know what you did.

Oh, and thank GOD we didn't fuck this one up.

EMoney said...

I would expect nothing less from you Rub.

Reid - I wasn't implying that you were the "impurity", so wtf?

Master Reid said...

Haha! I don't know, I just wanted to see if I could get a rise out of you. It worked. I amuse myself.