Friday, January 15, 2010

Jeronne's Got About 15,000 Problems, And His Dad Is One.

I know we're not supposed to be talking about this anymore, but it's pretty dead around here, so whatever: word is that Jeronne Maymon and his bat-shit crazy Pops are headed to Tenn'see -- even though Tenn'see doesn't have any available scholarships* and Jeronne will have to pay his own way for this semester.

* I should clarify: I'm speaking in terms of basketball scholarships. I'm sure Tenn'see could loan Jeronne one of the football scholarships for next year since everyone and his brother is refusing to even interview with the Volunteers re: the head ball coach position.

That might not seem like a big deal, but I've got two thoughts: (1) tuition at Tenn'see, for an out-of-state student, is about $20,000 a year, before room and board and personal expenses and books and all that shit. So, if J-May and TimMay are footing the bill this semester, that's about $15G -- which is a hell of a lot of coin for a State employee like Tim; (2) since J-May is essentially agreeing to walk on for Bruce Pearl, it stands to reason that the interest in Young Mr. Maymon's services was not all that great. I mean, there are a lot of schools with a lot of available schollies -- why not transfer to one of those schools, unless, of course, they weren't that interested in the first place?

Anyway, this will be the last time I'll write about J-May and Nutbag, at least until TimMay announces that J-May is transferring again in March '11. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Master Reid said...

Doesn't Tennessee have Tyler Smith's scholarship to give him? He's not using it anymore.

EMoney said...

He's not using it, but I believe the scholarship is committed for a full season regardless of whether or not he is actually on the team.

And sorry to repeat some of your work Rub's, but I was in the middle of posting similar work, so I am going to regardless.

Happy Friday Cracka's!