Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Josh Sitton Post?

I've been thinking for a while about writing something about Packers' guard Josh Sitton: The only guy on the offensive line that no one knows about. (Don't laugh, I'm serious.) No one knows about him because you never hear his name called. And as our friend Baffoon will tell you, for an offensive lineman that isn't a bad thing. Everyone knew who Allen Barbre was after the first game of the year. That's largely because he was getting beat like a rented mule every 3rd or 4th snap. Also, Sitton is a Thompson draft pick that's playing well, and nobody likes to talk about those.... Except me of course. But before I could get all the interviews with teammates and coaches lined up, that bitch Lori Nickel went and beat me to the punch. So if you're bored today, it's worth a read:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/80762457.html

4 comments:

You are a Baffoon said...

Good post Reid. I commend your effort to infuse some dialogue and discussion about the 11-5 Packers and the successes on many sides of the ball they have had this year. It's a shame too many non-believers are out there and are still staring themselves in the mirror and feeling sad that Ted Thompson and his draft classes didn't fall flat. The infatuation with Brett Favre and all his greatness blinded many into believing that the Packers would lay the proverbial giant turd again this year...not to be. Josh Sitton reminds me of a Viking from ancient times, long flowing blond and redish hair and I could easily see him wielding a large axe of somekind in order to rape and pillage the countryside, although in our case he's just crushing linebackers and D-lineman. The guy is a beast, and he's only in his second year and can only get better. I liken him to another good Packer lineman, Marco Rivera. Just a lunch pail, punch you in the face, get the job done guy. I told a guy at work who is a season ticket holder (Another Favre lover and Ted Hater) at the beginning of the season to look for Sitton when he's stewing in his hatred of TT and just watch that guy play, because he will be good.

EMoney said...

We do need to talk Packers more, but don't give me this crap about avoiding the topic of conversation based on one's hate for Ted Thompson or conversely one's love for the ultimate warrior (no, not that ultimate warrior!), Brett Favre. I pay $360/year for the NFL ticket to ensure that I can watch the Green Bay game every week. Do you think I pay that in hopes of watching them fall on their faces due to my dislike for TT? HELL NO Cochese! The man has been a mediocre GM, but since he is the GM of my team I root for him to succeed, not fail. I would much rather sit on my ass during draft day in April and get fired up over a draft pick rather than shit myself over a draft pick that Mel Kiper has to shuffle through stacks of paper to find information on.

That being said, Packers destroyed a soft Arizona team last week....both physically and mentally. Like Sunday, I predict that GB will win this game, but it will be a bit closer with Kurt Warner throwing the ball around instead of Party Boy Leinart.

Master Reid said...

LMAO!!! I knew you'd like appreciate that one.

You are a Baffoon said...

Party Boy, where is that guy? $$ you party here, you party now...Who's with me?