Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Basketball Prospectus Hearts MU.

Via the estimable Paul Noonan, Esq. of Brewed Sports comes this link to Basketball Prospectus' "Tuesday Truths" -- and let's cut to the quick:
So, yeah, with each passing week I come a little closer to a bold and iconoclastic "Marquette is the Best Team in the Big East" feature.
The tongue is firmly in the cheek on that one, but BP has Marquette ranked fourth in the BEast with a +0.10 Efficiency Margin (behind only WVU, 'Cuse and 'Nova).

Note: None of this is to be construed as a Rubie Endorsement of BP's views. Pursuant to the Buffet Charter, I will uphold my Nattering Nabob of Negativity duties and declare that there's no way in hell that Marquette is the fourth-best team in the Big East.

3 comments:

Devil's Threesome said...

Damn do I love William F. Buckley references!

I don't know about 4th best, but we could realistically finish 4th this year. That would be quite the coup.

EMoney said...

It's hard for me to take a guy seriously when his last name is "Noonan"....but that's just me.

Agree with D3 here, I don't think we are the 4th or 5th best team in the league, but that doesn't mean that we can't/won't finish that high. First order of business is the Pitt Panthers this Thursday. Take care of business at home there, and we can start talking about fourth place. Lose that game, and we could be in danger of slipping back to 8th/9th by years end as Cincinnati, St.Johns, SetonHall, and UoL have all been playing well recently.

PaulNoonan said...

It's the name I got. Makes it easy to learn putting under pressure.