Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Canada in tight with Superman.




Apparently Superman was out of town and decided to let Canada use the Fortress of Solitude for the opening ceremony. Actually, I'm sure the Fortress of Solitude wouldn't have had all of the problems that the opening ceremony had. I also wish I had found the picture I saw from the first night because it looked way more like the Fortress of Solitude than this one does, but I hope you get my point.

I'm not sure how many of you have actually been watching these games (my guess is not many), but the coverage has been kind of awful... okay it has been downright bad. Too many commercial breaks and the whole not showing the good stuff live, has really hurt these games. The good guys are leading the medal count and I just watched a couple snowboard chicks wipeout, so it's not too bad. I also showed my students the event where they ski and then shoot a gun (I know it's called the Biathlon, but it's funnier to say it the other way). They loved it.

I do love the Winter Olympics. Something about those curling chicks.

1 comment:

Mr. Sparkle said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzifyG7G9E