Ok, so that's probably a lame blog post title, but whatever. We're dancing.
Defying common sense, Marquette will have their name called on Selection Sunday.
Marquette has now won 20 games for the 5th straight season. MU took over sole possession of 5th place in the Big East. Think about that again for a second. A team that 99% of the country expected to see at the bottom of the Big East is two buzz beaters away from finishing in the top 4. Unreal.
During Louisville's run to cut it to 10, Rubie texted saying Buzz was doing an "awful" job coaching. Of course Rubie never texted when MU was up 46-23 saying he was doing a great job.
Just some quick hitters:
- Joe Fulce is coming around at the exact time they need him. MU's ability to extend a 5 point lead to a 10 point lead, with Butler and Hayward on the bench was nothing short of amazing.
- DJO's dunk at the end of the game was just filthy.
- MU's ability to shut down Samuels and keep him scoreless for the first 38 minute was the reason MU won.
- MU should be at worst a 7 or 8 seed in the NCAA's. Anything higher than a 8 is miscarriage of justice.
- I missed Buzz's dance at the end. Apparently he makes me look like Fred Astaire.
- Tim Higgins? Still sucks.
From the Louisville Courier: If it’s possible to undo a month’s worth of NCAA Tournament resume building, the University of Louisville men’s basketball team did it Tuesday night at Marquette.
Todd Rosiak: "Nobody thought we'd show up tonight, either," coach Buzz Williams said. "That's part of what gives me my edge, professionally and personally. That's how I live and how I coach. When we played South Florida they were the hottest team in the league, leading scorer in the country, and then when we beat them it was, 'You’ve got to beat a tournament team.'
The man who combs his hair with a brick: Among MU lore, you could file it between a pretty good Al McGuire season and a good Bob Dukiet season, as if either exists in the mind.
Rosiak has more here.
The guys from MUTV Sports have a great postgame report.
Our soon-to-be compadre at SB Nation, Card Chronicle has some hate issues.
UofL makes MU look really good.
Even a Badger fan has nice things to say about MU.
Postgame video of DJO
And the game highlights