Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ok, I've digested the Miami game.....

And I think it might be worse than we thought. Again, the defense does a respectable job but this "potent" offense can't muster up more than 20 points. So what gives? I'm seeking answers from my viewers because aside from Baffoon, everyone here seems to disagree with my analyses. In addition to my previous thoughts regarding the running game, I am going to throw out another theory in hopes of stirring up the pot even more.......and I'm guaranteeing controversy here. So again, what gives? Answer....

Aaron Rodgers isn't who we thought he was!

That's right I said it. In watching the last 2 atrocities, I've noticed a different Aaron Rodgers. He no longer looks like the confident, sling it all over the field QB that he did in the second half of last year. His throws aren't nearly as accurate, he doesn't look downfield like he used to, and as a whole he doesn't look as comfortable in the pocket as he did last season. Rodgers gets hit a couple times and it seems like it affects his psyche so much that he's more concerned about the pressure than what's opening up down field........thus he's missing open guys and holding onto the ball too long, which in turn leads to sacks and a number of holding penalties on the offensie line.

Am I saying he's no good? No, not at all. I simply think that we jumped the gun at giving him this "elite" status before he really earned it. He put up good numbers last year, no doubt, but it wasn't until the O-line got shored up and the running game got going that ARodg really started tearing up opposing defenses. Currently, Rodgers is 20-18 as a starter, 7-13 (35%) when facing teams with a 0.500 record or better (1-7 on the road, 6-6 at home!), 0-1 in the playoffs, and worst of all........0-2 against Brett Favre! I think that this last one is key. The majority of Packer fans have such a distaste for Brett Favre that they essentially are giving ARodg a pass, meaning he's untouchable. As I stated, I do think the Rodgers is a good QB and I hope he will continue to be behind center for many years, however I don't think that he is the guy that we can just put the game on his shoulders and win alot of games (ala Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees). I predict that if the running game continues to be as woeful as it has been, ARodg will continue to struggle and the offense will sputter. If that is indeed the case, considering the competition that Green Bay will be facing the next 3 weeks (Vikings, @Jets, Cowboys), they could very well be 3-6 heading into their bye week. Sunday night could answer alot of these questions as Rodgers will again play Favre and that physical Viking defensive front. It should be interesting and I hope ARodg proves me wrong.

I hope my intuitions are completely off base and I'm sure many of you will disagree. Let the games begin.

5 comments:

EMoney said...

I am SHOCKED this hasn't drawn nary a comment. So either nobody has read this...which is entirely possible, or you A-holes aren't nearly as fiery as you used to be. So if anybody is out there, what are your thoughts for Sunday night? I predict Vikings 27 Green Bay 17

Softball's Tony Gwynn said...

pack by a touchdown 31-24...old man river is going to be frezzing in the rain/wind Sunday night and will look his age. we need clay matthews to bring the pressure.

yours truly will be at the game and if we lose it will be a long lonely drive home after the game.

EMoney said...

That's the thing I like about you STG, the eternal optimist for the Pack!

Is it supposed to be sh$tty Sunday night? That doesn't bode well for a team that can't run the ball....nor stop the run for that matter. Is Matthews going to be ready?

PaulNoonan said...

They're still banged up. I expect them to lose. I also expect them to lose next week, and maybe be healthy enough to knock off the Cowboys before the bye.

You are a Baffoon said...

At least the Wisconsin Badgers are good this year, "Teach Me How To Bucky." Just to go against the grain and inspite Money's calls for heads to roll and let the paramedics sort'em out, Packers by 7. They will put together their best football game of the year. Its late October, Favre's last game at Lambeau, he will throw an interception and get sacked three times. I and the rest of the Packer faithful will have a happy Sunday night. Suck it Trebek!